SME reaches 1,615 student members
Additionally, the society now has 32 U.S. and international student chapters, which give students the opportunity to be involved with industry professionals, the potential to train and develop skills for the industry and the chance to access SME’s global mining and minerals library, OneMine.org.
SME said its international chapters has doubled since 2008 from six to 12, and student membership increased by 63 percent during that time.
For more information about SME student membership, visit smenet.org/students.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter431 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)274 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees236 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way202 Views