SME releases third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design
The two-volume set, published by CRC Press, has been expanded in the latest edition and now includes mine planning, mining revenues and costs, orebody descriptions, geometrical considerations, production planning and more.
The publication examines a number of topic such as pit limits, reporting of mineral resources and ore reserves, responsible mining, rock blasting, rotary drilling, machine availability and utilization and orebody case examples.
The third edition also includes the MicroModel mine design software that guides the reader through the planning and design steps, as well as eight drill hole data sets that allow the reader to practice the described principles on different mining properties. A CD is also included.
The latest edition was updated by updated by William Hustrulid, Mark Kuchta and Randall Martin.
For more information, or to order the third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas419 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents301 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials254 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry227 Views