SME releases third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design
The two-volume set, published by CRC Press, has been expanded in the latest edition and now includes mine planning, mining revenues and costs, orebody descriptions, geometrical considerations, production planning and more.
The publication examines a number of topic such as pit limits, reporting of mineral resources and ore reserves, responsible mining, rock blasting, rotary drilling, machine availability and utilization and orebody case examples.
The third edition also includes the MicroModel mine design software that guides the reader through the planning and design steps, as well as eight drill hole data sets that allow the reader to practice the described principles on different mining properties. A CD is also included.
The latest edition was updated by updated by William Hustrulid, Mark Kuchta and Randall Martin.
For more information, or to order the third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world310 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior215 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)157 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village151 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)148 Views