SME releases third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design
The two-volume set, published by CRC Press, has been expanded in the latest edition and now includes mine planning, mining revenues and costs, orebody descriptions, geometrical considerations, production planning and more.
The publication examines a number of topic such as pit limits, reporting of mineral resources and ore reserves, responsible mining, rock blasting, rotary drilling, machine availability and utilization and orebody case examples.
The third edition also includes the MicroModel mine design software that guides the reader through the planning and design steps, as well as eight drill hole data sets that allow the reader to practice the described principles on different mining properties. A CD is also included.
The latest edition was updated by updated by William Hustrulid, Mark Kuchta and Randall Martin.
For more information, or to order the third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Holcim Lafarge merger…on again190 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car183 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad161 Views
- Gallery: Photos from Bluegrass Material Co.'s Texas Quarry140 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole135 Views