SME releases third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design
The two-volume set, published by CRC Press, has been expanded in the latest edition and now includes mine planning, mining revenues and costs, orebody descriptions, geometrical considerations, production planning and more.
The publication examines a number of topic such as pit limits, reporting of mineral resources and ore reserves, responsible mining, rock blasting, rotary drilling, machine availability and utilization and orebody case examples.
The third edition also includes the MicroModel mine design software that guides the reader through the planning and design steps, as well as eight drill hole data sets that allow the reader to practice the described principles on different mining properties. A CD is also included.
The latest edition was updated by updated by William Hustrulid, Mark Kuchta and Randall Martin.
For more information, or to order the third edition of Open Pit Mine Planning & Design, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151559 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151033 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections965 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production679 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone404 Views