SME restructures staff, creates four director positions
SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said restructuring will accommodate future growth while improving revenues, customer service and staff direction.
The new structure focuses on four major functional areas in the organization: meetings, membership and publications; finance administration and information technology; government relations, public affairs and communications; and education and foundation programs.
To support the functional areas, SME has added four director positions to the organization. Mike Hedges is SME’s deputy executive director for finance , administration and information technology; John Hayden is deputy executive director for government relations, public affairs and communications; and Sharon Shonhaut is director of education and the SME Foundation.
SME also created the director of operations position to head meetings, membership and publications, though the society has not yet identified who will fill the position.
SME has made a chart available of the four major functional areas, which you can view here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission159 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger140 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution123 Views