SME restructures staff, creates four director positions
SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said restructuring will accommodate future growth while improving revenues, customer service and staff direction.
The new structure focuses on four major functional areas in the organization: meetings, membership and publications; finance administration and information technology; government relations, public affairs and communications; and education and foundation programs.
To support the functional areas, SME has added four director positions to the organization. Mike Hedges is SME’s deputy executive director for finance , administration and information technology; John Hayden is deputy executive director for government relations, public affairs and communications; and Sharon Shonhaut is director of education and the SME Foundation.
SME also created the director of operations position to head meetings, membership and publications, though the society has not yet identified who will fill the position.
SME has made a chart available of the four major functional areas, which you can view here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned479 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views