SME restructures staff, creates four director positions
SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said restructuring will accommodate future growth while improving revenues, customer service and staff direction.
The new structure focuses on four major functional areas in the organization: meetings, membership and publications; finance administration and information technology; government relations, public affairs and communications; and education and foundation programs.
To support the functional areas, SME has added four director positions to the organization. Mike Hedges is SME’s deputy executive director for finance , administration and information technology; John Hayden is deputy executive director for government relations, public affairs and communications; and Sharon Shonhaut is director of education and the SME Foundation.
SME also created the director of operations position to head meetings, membership and publications, though the society has not yet identified who will fill the position.
SME has made a chart available of the four major functional areas, which you can view here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries290 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views