SME restructures staff, creates four director positions
SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said restructuring will accommodate future growth while improving revenues, customer service and staff direction.
The new structure focuses on four major functional areas in the organization: meetings, membership and publications; finance administration and information technology; government relations, public affairs and communications; and education and foundation programs.
To support the functional areas, SME has added four director positions to the organization. Mike Hedges is SME’s deputy executive director for finance , administration and information technology; John Hayden is deputy executive director for government relations, public affairs and communications; and Sharon Shonhaut is director of education and the SME Foundation.
SME also created the director of operations position to head meetings, membership and publications, though the society has not yet identified who will fill the position.
SME has made a chart available of the four major functional areas, which you can view here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets555 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year313 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views