SME restructures staff, creates four director positions
SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said restructuring will accommodate future growth while improving revenues, customer service and staff direction.
The new structure focuses on four major functional areas in the organization: meetings, membership and publications; finance administration and information technology; government relations, public affairs and communications; and education and foundation programs.
To support the functional areas, SME has added four director positions to the organization. Mike Hedges is SME’s deputy executive director for finance , administration and information technology; John Hayden is deputy executive director for government relations, public affairs and communications; and Sharon Shonhaut is director of education and the SME Foundation.
SME also created the director of operations position to head meetings, membership and publications, though the society has not yet identified who will fill the position.
SME has made a chart available of the four major functional areas, which you can view here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program610 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana425 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas399 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials239 Views