SME to introduce new annual awards program at annual meeting
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) health and safety committee will introduce a new annual awards program at the organization’s annual meeting February 23-26 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The new awards program will have three categories: operational excellence, mining individual excellence, and research and educational excellence.
SME has announced that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (OMSHR), Hearing Loss Prevention Branch (HLPB) is the first recipient of the Research and Educational Excellence Award.
SME says the Research and Educational Excellence Award “recognizes a research institution exemplifying exceptional innovation and dedication toward advancement in technology or education for the protection and well-being of miners.”
HLPB is recognized for its work to commercialize controls, making them available to miners, mining companies and mining equipment manufacturers.
SME is also recognizing the branch for fostering commercial products that reduce noise for miners.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life409 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views