SME to introduce new annual awards program at annual meeting
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) health and safety committee will introduce a new annual awards program at the organization’s annual meeting February 23-26 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The new awards program will have three categories: operational excellence, mining individual excellence, and research and educational excellence.
SME has announced that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s (NIOSH) Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (OMSHR), Hearing Loss Prevention Branch (HLPB) is the first recipient of the Research and Educational Excellence Award.
SME says the Research and Educational Excellence Award “recognizes a research institution exemplifying exceptional innovation and dedication toward advancement in technology or education for the protection and well-being of miners.”
HLPB is recognized for its work to commercialize controls, making them available to miners, mining companies and mining equipment manufacturers.
SME is also recognizing the branch for fostering commercial products that reduce noise for miners.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA releases report on electrical fatality at crushed stone operation602 Views
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill411 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers359 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg272 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award182 Views