SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to feature hands-on demos at upcoming S.T.E.M.-focused festival
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) has announced that it plans to feature hands-on demonstrations at its booth (#3222) at the third annual USA Science and Engineering Festival.
The festival, slated for April 24-27 in Washington, D.C., focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (S.T.E.M.) in the U.S.
“The opportunity to reach a large number of young people with our message about the potential for technical and vocational careers in the mining and minerals industries is unprecedented,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said, in a written statement, about MEC’s participation in the festival.
In addition to hands-on demonstrations of mineral properties, the MEC booth will include posters and fact sheets about how minerals are used in modern technology and everyday products.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views