SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to feature hands-on demos at upcoming S.T.E.M.-focused festival
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) has announced that it plans to feature hands-on demonstrations at its booth (#3222) at the third annual USA Science and Engineering Festival.
The festival, slated for April 24-27 in Washington, D.C., focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (S.T.E.M.) in the U.S.
“The opportunity to reach a large number of young people with our message about the potential for technical and vocational careers in the mining and minerals industries is unprecedented,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said, in a written statement, about MEC’s participation in the festival.
In addition to hands-on demonstrations of mineral properties, the MEC booth will include posters and fact sheets about how minerals are used in modern technology and everyday products.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world272 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention194 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views