SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to feature hands-on demos at upcoming S.T.E.M.-focused festival
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) has announced that it plans to feature hands-on demonstrations at its booth (#3222) at the third annual USA Science and Engineering Festival.
The festival, slated for April 24-27 in Washington, D.C., focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (S.T.E.M.) in the U.S.
“The opportunity to reach a large number of young people with our message about the potential for technical and vocational careers in the mining and minerals industries is unprecedented,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said, in a written statement, about MEC’s participation in the festival.
In addition to hands-on demonstrations of mineral properties, the MEC booth will include posters and fact sheets about how minerals are used in modern technology and everyday products.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February429 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- The global competition for sand is a deadly war in India135 Views