SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to feature hands-on demos at upcoming S.T.E.M.-focused festival
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) has announced that it plans to feature hands-on demonstrations at its booth (#3222) at the third annual USA Science and Engineering Festival.
The festival, slated for April 24-27 in Washington, D.C., focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (S.T.E.M.) in the U.S.
“The opportunity to reach a large number of young people with our message about the potential for technical and vocational careers in the mining and minerals industries is unprecedented,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said, in a written statement, about MEC’s participation in the festival.
In addition to hands-on demonstrations of mineral properties, the MEC booth will include posters and fact sheets about how minerals are used in modern technology and everyday products.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1162 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1055 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program579 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas310 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views