SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to feature hands-on demos at upcoming S.T.E.M.-focused festival
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) has announced that it plans to feature hands-on demonstrations at its booth (#3222) at the third annual USA Science and Engineering Festival.
The festival, slated for April 24-27 in Washington, D.C., focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (S.T.E.M.) in the U.S.
“The opportunity to reach a large number of young people with our message about the potential for technical and vocational careers in the mining and minerals industries is unprecedented,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said, in a written statement, about MEC’s participation in the festival.
In addition to hands-on demonstrations of mineral properties, the MEC booth will include posters and fact sheets about how minerals are used in modern technology and everyday products.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1059 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April632 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry355 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration338 Views