SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to provide educational material for Earth Science Week 2013
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC), an educational program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) Foundation, is teaming up with the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) to deliver educational materials for K-12 students next week for Earth Science Week 2013.
MEC is providing materials for the educational packets that AGI will distribute during Earth Science Week, October 13-19.
Earth Science Week aims to engage students in discovering the Earth sciences, remind people that Earth science is everywhere, encourage Earth stewardship through understanding and motivate geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about the Earth.\
AGI’s educational packet includes a soccer-themed “Minerals In Your Life Mini-Lesson” trifold activity page, answer key and accompanying poster grades 5-8, as well as the 2014 AGI calendar. MEC is featured in the month of March with a teacher activity on electrical conductivity of minerals.
The institute will distribute 16,000 packets to teachers nationwide.
MEC’s contributions aim to promote an awareness and appreciation of the minerals and natural resources industries.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule399 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger352 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views