SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to provide educational material for Earth Science Week 2013
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC), an educational program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) Foundation, is teaming up with the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) to deliver educational materials for K-12 students next week for Earth Science Week 2013.
MEC is providing materials for the educational packets that AGI will distribute during Earth Science Week, October 13-19.
Earth Science Week aims to engage students in discovering the Earth sciences, remind people that Earth science is everywhere, encourage Earth stewardship through understanding and motivate geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about the Earth.\
AGI’s educational packet includes a soccer-themed “Minerals In Your Life Mini-Lesson” trifold activity page, answer key and accompanying poster grades 5-8, as well as the 2014 AGI calendar. MEC is featured in the month of March with a teacher activity on electrical conductivity of minerals.
The institute will distribute 16,000 packets to teachers nationwide.
MEC’s contributions aim to promote an awareness and appreciation of the minerals and natural resources industries.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151563 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151041 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1013 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production697 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success563 Views