SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to provide educational material for Earth Science Week 2013
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC), an educational program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) Foundation, is teaming up with the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) to deliver educational materials for K-12 students next week for Earth Science Week 2013.
MEC is providing materials for the educational packets that AGI will distribute during Earth Science Week, October 13-19.
Earth Science Week aims to engage students in discovering the Earth sciences, remind people that Earth science is everywhere, encourage Earth stewardship through understanding and motivate geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about the Earth.\
AGI’s educational packet includes a soccer-themed “Minerals In Your Life Mini-Lesson” trifold activity page, answer key and accompanying poster grades 5-8, as well as the 2014 AGI calendar. MEC is featured in the month of March with a teacher activity on electrical conductivity of minerals.
The institute will distribute 16,000 packets to teachers nationwide.
MEC’s contributions aim to promote an awareness and appreciation of the minerals and natural resources industries.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1162 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program590 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas373 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents288 Views