SME’s Minerals Education Coalition to provide educational material for Earth Science Week 2013
The Minerals Education Coalition (MEC), an educational program of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration’s (SME) Foundation, is teaming up with the American Geosciences Institute (AGI) to deliver educational materials for K-12 students next week for Earth Science Week 2013.
MEC is providing materials for the educational packets that AGI will distribute during Earth Science Week, October 13-19.
Earth Science Week aims to engage students in discovering the Earth sciences, remind people that Earth science is everywhere, encourage Earth stewardship through understanding and motivate geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about the Earth.\
AGI’s educational packet includes a soccer-themed “Minerals In Your Life Mini-Lesson” trifold activity page, answer key and accompanying poster grades 5-8, as well as the 2014 AGI calendar. MEC is featured in the month of March with a teacher activity on electrical conductivity of minerals.
The institute will distribute 16,000 packets to teachers nationwide.
MEC’s contributions aim to promote an awareness and appreciation of the minerals and natural resources industries.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry610 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction526 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way398 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company386 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter346 Views