Sneak Peek: Aggregates Manager 2012 Industry Forecast
Results of the Aggregates Manager 2012 Industry Forecast, a proprietary report conducted each year, are in and have found that there is greater optimism among aggregates managers than in the past few years.
Some key findings of the report include the following:
- 45.3 percent say they think that business conditions for 2012 will be “Good,” “Very Good,” or Excellent.” Nearly 19 percent (18.9 percent) said business conditions in 2012 will be “Very Good,” or “Excellent.”
- More than 1 of 4 respondents (26.4 percent) say they expect their company’s production volume to increase in 2012.
- About 77 percent of respondents (76.9 percent) say they expect their company’s production volume to increase in 2012 10 percent or more.
- 34.6 percent say they expect production volume to increase more than 20 percent in 2012 from 2011.
- One of four respondents (27.3 percent) say their budgets for capital equipment will increase in 2012.
(For a full analysis of the report and what to expect next year, see the forecast article written by Aggregates Manager Editor-in-Chief Therese Dunphy in the January 2012 print edition of the magazine, or go to www.aggman.com and click on Digital Edition next month.)
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person986 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger395 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration275 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views