Sneak Peek: Aggregates Manager 2012 Industry Forecast
Results of the Aggregates Manager 2012 Industry Forecast, a proprietary report conducted each year, are in and have found that there is greater optimism among aggregates managers than in the past few years.
Some key findings of the report include the following:
- 45.3 percent say they think that business conditions for 2012 will be “Good,” “Very Good,” or Excellent.” Nearly 19 percent (18.9 percent) said business conditions in 2012 will be “Very Good,” or “Excellent.”
- More than 1 of 4 respondents (26.4 percent) say they expect their company’s production volume to increase in 2012.
- About 77 percent of respondents (76.9 percent) say they expect their company’s production volume to increase in 2012 10 percent or more.
- 34.6 percent say they expect production volume to increase more than 20 percent in 2012 from 2011.
- One of four respondents (27.3 percent) say their budgets for capital equipment will increase in 2012.
(For a full analysis of the report and what to expect next year, see the forecast article written by Aggregates Manager Editor-in-Chief Therese Dunphy in the January 2012 print edition of the magazine, or go to www.aggman.com and click on Digital Edition next month.)
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views