Sneak Peek: Lafarge Canada donates material for Royal Canadian Air Force WW II memorial
Lafarge Canada is donating Canadian granite for a monument commemorating the Canadian airmen and airwomen who served alongside Great Britain during the World Wars, specifically the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF).
The monument is being constructed at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, England, the United Kingdom’s 150-acre sanctuary and “center of remembrance” of those who have served.
Lafarge was approached for help finding granite for the monument in February 2011 by Captain Jean Houde, deputy flight commander of the Canadian Forces’ 426 Squadron.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs725 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries295 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views