Sneak Peek: Lafarge Canada donates material for Royal Canadian Air Force WW II memorial
Lafarge Canada is donating Canadian granite for a monument commemorating the Canadian airmen and airwomen who served alongside Great Britain during the World Wars, specifically the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF).
The monument is being constructed at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, England, the United Kingdom’s 150-acre sanctuary and “center of remembrance” of those who have served.
Lafarge was approached for help finding granite for the monument in February 2011 by Captain Jean Houde, deputy flight commander of the Canadian Forces’ 426 Squadron.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views