Special freight transportation congressional panel holds first hearing
The Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, a special congressional panel within the U.S. House of Representative’s Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, will hold its first scheduled hearing on April 24.
The panel, which will serve for a six-month period, is tasked with examining the current state of freight transportation and looking at how improvements to freight transportation will affect the U.S. economy.
Representative John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-TN) will chair the panel, and Representative Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) will serve as the panel’s ranking member.
Other members of the panel are Gary Miller (R-CA), Rick Crawford (R-AR), Richard Hanna (R-NY), Daniel Webster (R-FL), Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), Corrine Brown (D-FL), Daniel Lipinski (D-IL), Albio Sires (D-NJ) and Janice Hahn (D-CA).
The panel is expected to give more details about its first hearing at a later date.
For more information about the Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, visit transportation.house.gov.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention173 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views