Special freight transportation congressional panel holds first hearing
The Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, a special congressional panel within the U.S. House of Representative’s Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, will hold its first scheduled hearing on April 24.
The panel, which will serve for a six-month period, is tasked with examining the current state of freight transportation and looking at how improvements to freight transportation will affect the U.S. economy.
Representative John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-TN) will chair the panel, and Representative Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) will serve as the panel’s ranking member.
Other members of the panel are Gary Miller (R-CA), Rick Crawford (R-AR), Richard Hanna (R-NY), Daniel Webster (R-FL), Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), Corrine Brown (D-FL), Daniel Lipinski (D-IL), Albio Sires (D-NJ) and Janice Hahn (D-CA).
The panel is expected to give more details about its first hearing at a later date.
For more information about the Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, visit transportation.house.gov.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 874 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life480 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers237 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views