Special freight transportation congressional panel holds first hearing
The Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, a special congressional panel within the U.S. House of Representative’s Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, will hold its first scheduled hearing on April 24.
The panel, which will serve for a six-month period, is tasked with examining the current state of freight transportation and looking at how improvements to freight transportation will affect the U.S. economy.
Representative John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-TN) will chair the panel, and Representative Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) will serve as the panel’s ranking member.
Other members of the panel are Gary Miller (R-CA), Rick Crawford (R-AR), Richard Hanna (R-NY), Daniel Webster (R-FL), Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), Corrine Brown (D-FL), Daniel Lipinski (D-IL), Albio Sires (D-NJ) and Janice Hahn (D-CA).
The panel is expected to give more details about its first hearing at a later date.
For more information about the Panel on 21st Century Freight Transportation, visit transportation.house.gov.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views