Spring Thaw workshops scheduled around U.S. Feb.-April
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is helping to arrange Spring Thaw workshops for members of the metal/non-metal mining industry. The workshops will help miners and mine operators identify hazards encountered when re-starting mining operations that may have been closed during winter months. Among other things, the workshops will focus on hazard assessments and safe work procedures regarding mobile equipment, safe maintenance, and workplace examinations, and will spotlight safety hazards specific to regions of the country.
The workshops are free of charge and do not require advance registration. Check below for dates and locations of upcoming Spring Thaw seminars. Direct questions to Joseph Casper at (703) 526-1074 /email@example.com.
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey, Grantville, Penn. | Kallie Kline, (717) 234-2603, ext. 202
- Turning Stone Casino, Verona, N.Y. | Scott McKenna, (518) 623-2352
- Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson, Kan. | Ken Dobrinski, (620) 665-4990
- Sheraton Ontario Airport, Ontario, Calif. | Stephanie Pridmore, (916) 554-1000
- Grand Oak Events & Business Center, Grove City, Ohio | Ohio Aggregates & Industrial Minerals Association, (614) 428-7954
- Hilton Garden Inn, Missoula, Mont. | Phillip Dahal, (406) 441-1189
- Stockton Hilton, Stockton, Calif. | Stephanie Pridmore, (916) 554-1000
- The Chateau Hotel, Bloomington, Ill. | Sean McKinney, Illinois Association of Aggregates Producers, (217) 241-1639 | Runs in conjunction with State Grants Safety Conference
- Black Bear Inn/Conference Center & Suites, Orono, Maine | Maine Aggregate Assoc., (207) 817-7575
- Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, Wash. | Don Richter, (509) 359-2880
- Holiday Inn, Kearny, Neb. | Mick Anderson, (308) 865-8258
- Penn State Conference Center Hotel, State College, Penn. | Dr. Mark Radomsky, PSU, (814) 880-7848
- Denver Federal Center Bldg. 25 Lecture Hall, Denver, Colo. | Bill York-Feirn, (303) 916-1707