Ste. Genevieve County Commission requests meeting with Summit Proppants about proposed sand quarry
The Ste. Genevieve County Commission in Missouri has requested to meet with Summit Proppants regarding discrepancies in information the commissioners received in May about a proposed sand quarry, according to a report from the Ste. Genevieve Herald.
Presiding Commissioner Garry Nelson said he wants to discuss the information with Summit representatives Mark Rust and Mark Winterheimer before September 26, when the proposal is slated to be considered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) Land Reclamation Commission.
Nelson said he wants to address the number of trucks, well water and the likelihood of a second shift. He added that he wants Summit’s intentions on the issues in writing.
The proposed quarry would produce medium to coarse sand at a site near Colony Church Road and Trogdan Road.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views