Ste. Genevieve County Commission requests meeting with Summit Proppants about proposed sand quarry
The Ste. Genevieve County Commission in Missouri has requested to meet with Summit Proppants regarding discrepancies in information the commissioners received in May about a proposed sand quarry, according to a report from the Ste. Genevieve Herald.
Presiding Commissioner Garry Nelson said he wants to discuss the information with Summit representatives Mark Rust and Mark Winterheimer before September 26, when the proposal is slated to be considered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) Land Reclamation Commission.
Nelson said he wants to address the number of trucks, well water and the likelihood of a second shift. He added that he wants Summit’s intentions on the issues in writing.
The proposed quarry would produce medium to coarse sand at a site near Colony Church Road and Trogdan Road.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!216 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion210 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing189 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution179 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views