Ste. Genevieve County Commission requests meeting with Summit Proppants about proposed sand quarry
The Ste. Genevieve County Commission in Missouri has requested to meet with Summit Proppants regarding discrepancies in information the commissioners received in May about a proposed sand quarry, according to a report from the Ste. Genevieve Herald.
Presiding Commissioner Garry Nelson said he wants to discuss the information with Summit representatives Mark Rust and Mark Winterheimer before September 26, when the proposal is slated to be considered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) Land Reclamation Commission.
Nelson said he wants to address the number of trucks, well water and the likelihood of a second shift. He added that he wants Summit’s intentions on the issues in writing.
The proposed quarry would produce medium to coarse sand at a site near Colony Church Road and Trogdan Road.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views