Ste. Genevieve County Commission requests meeting with Summit Proppants about proposed sand quarry
The Ste. Genevieve County Commission in Missouri has requested to meet with Summit Proppants regarding discrepancies in information the commissioners received in May about a proposed sand quarry, according to a report from the Ste. Genevieve Herald.
Presiding Commissioner Garry Nelson said he wants to discuss the information with Summit representatives Mark Rust and Mark Winterheimer before September 26, when the proposal is slated to be considered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) Land Reclamation Commission.
Nelson said he wants to address the number of trucks, well water and the likelihood of a second shift. He added that he wants Summit’s intentions on the issues in writing.
The proposed quarry would produce medium to coarse sand at a site near Colony Church Road and Trogdan Road.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 847 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning142 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views