Ste. Genevieve County Commission requests meeting with Summit Proppants about proposed sand quarry
The Ste. Genevieve County Commission in Missouri has requested to meet with Summit Proppants regarding discrepancies in information the commissioners received in May about a proposed sand quarry, according to a report from the Ste. Genevieve Herald.
Presiding Commissioner Garry Nelson said he wants to discuss the information with Summit representatives Mark Rust and Mark Winterheimer before September 26, when the proposal is slated to be considered by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ (DNR) Land Reclamation Commission.
Nelson said he wants to address the number of trucks, well water and the likelihood of a second shift. He added that he wants Summit’s intentions on the issues in writing.
The proposed quarry would produce medium to coarse sand at a site near Colony Church Road and Trogdan Road.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1299 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1048 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?696 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth489 Views