VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1167 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program598 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas386 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge279 Views