VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world300 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention198 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior181 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village148 Views