VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs641 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina361 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity334 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill254 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law214 Views