VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views