VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned401 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views