VIDEO: Stedman intros vertical roller mill, seeks product name suggestions
Stedman Machine Co. introduced its unnamed vertical roller mill (VRM) for grinding, drying and classifying at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The VRM features high-cast chrome balls that rotate in the unit, which the company says produces a tighter particle size distribution than traditional ball mills.
The balls sit on a track, and as they wear, they fall deeper into the track rather than wearing away from the material. According to Stedman, this helps keep both wear and output consistent.
Other features include long life grinding zone components and simple grinding zone replacement.
The company is still looking for a name for the unit, and Stedman National Sales Manager Chris Nawalaniec says the manufacturer is accepting ideas.
Watch the included video to hear Nawalaniec talk about the new product and explain how it works.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability645 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure487 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D287 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 271 Views