Steel import permits down 14% in November, import market share at 20%
Based on the U.S. Commerce Department’s most recent Steel Import Monitoring and Analysis (SIMA) data, the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported Dec. 7 that steel import permit applications for the month of November totaled 1,984,000 net tons (NT). This was a 14 percent decrease from the 2,309,000 permit tons recorded in October and a 9% decrease from the October preliminary imports total of 2,192,000 NT.
Import permit tonnage for finished steel in November was 1,611,000 NT, down 8 percent from the preliminary imports total of 1,754,000 NT in October.
Year-to date (YTD) 2011 total and finished steel import permit tons would annualize at 28,545,000 NT and 21,899,000 NT, up 19 percent and 16 percent, respectively, vs. the 23,929,000 NT and 18,857,000 NT imported in 2010.
The estimated finished steel import market share in November was 20 percent and is 22 percent year-to-date.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151104 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success610 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting436 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views