Steel shipments down 2% in October, up 9.4% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Dec. 20 that for the month of October 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 7,933,653 net tons, a 0.2 percent decrease from the 7,947,262 net tons shipped in the previous month, September 2011, and a 19.7 percent increase from the 6,629,195 net tons shipped in October 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 76,374,860, a 9.4 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 69,783,780 for ten months. 2011 shipments through October would annualize at 92 million tons, according to AISI.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: cold rolled sheet, up 3 percent, hot-dipped galvanized sheets and strip, up 1 percent and hot-rolled sheet, down 6 percent
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)418 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars346 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees273 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet205 Views