Steel shipments up 5.1 percent
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on March 19 that for the month of January 2012, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,497,932 net tons, a 5.1-percent increase from the 8,085,761 net tons shipped in the previous month, December 2011, and a 12.9-percent increase from the 7,528,655 net tons shipped in January 2011. 2012 shipments for January would annualize at 102 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: cold rolled sheet, up 24 percent, hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, up 19 percent and hot rolled sheet, down 9 percent.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader514 Views
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years150 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska115 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit112 Views
- Syar proposes Napa Valley quarry expansion111 Views