Steel shipments up 5.1 percent
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on March 19 that for the month of January 2012, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,497,932 net tons, a 5.1-percent increase from the 8,085,761 net tons shipped in the previous month, December 2011, and a 12.9-percent increase from the 7,528,655 net tons shipped in January 2011. 2012 shipments for January would annualize at 102 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: cold rolled sheet, up 24 percent, hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, up 19 percent and hot rolled sheet, down 9 percent.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1048 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger392 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts351 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration320 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry299 Views