Steel shipments up 5.1 percent
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on March 19 that for the month of January 2012, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,497,932 net tons, a 5.1-percent increase from the 8,085,761 net tons shipped in the previous month, December 2011, and a 12.9-percent increase from the 7,528,655 net tons shipped in January 2011. 2012 shipments for January would annualize at 102 million tons.
A month-to-month comparison of shipments shows the following changes: cold rolled sheet, up 24 percent, hot dipped galvanized sheets and strip, up 19 percent and hot rolled sheet, down 9 percent.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151581 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151052 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1019 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production712 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone412 Views