STIHL introduces MS 261, MS 261 C-Q chain saws
The innovative engine technology on the new STIHL MS 261 and MS 261 C-Q chain saws are said to reduce emissions up to 50 percent and provide up to a 20-percent increase in fuel efficiency as compared to previous models, resulting in longer periods of use between refueling.
Made for a variety of professional users like landscapers, arborists, loggers, farmers, and municipalities, these chain saws come equipped with a decompression valve for easier starts and an advanced anti-vibration system that helps reduce user fatigue. The compact, space-saving design of the split-barrel carburetor and the stainless steel muffler reduce overall weight.
Both the STIHL MS 261 and the MS 261 C-Q have several operator-friendly components, including a side-access chain tensioner, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers, and a translucent fuel tank. Captive bar nuts are retained in the sprocket cover to prevent their loss and are designed for self-guided mounting. Pre-separation air filtration provides greater air cleaning efficiency and longer run times between filter maintenance.
The MS 261 C-Q also includes STIHL Quickstop Plus, an additional chain braking system designed to stop the chain in less than one second of releasing the rear handle.
From our partners
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views