STIHL introduces MS 261, MS 261 C-Q chain saws
The innovative engine technology on the new STIHL MS 261 and MS 261 C-Q chain saws are said to reduce emissions up to 50 percent and provide up to a 20-percent increase in fuel efficiency as compared to previous models, resulting in longer periods of use between refueling.
Made for a variety of professional users like landscapers, arborists, loggers, farmers, and municipalities, these chain saws come equipped with a decompression valve for easier starts and an advanced anti-vibration system that helps reduce user fatigue. The compact, space-saving design of the split-barrel carburetor and the stainless steel muffler reduce overall weight.
Both the STIHL MS 261 and the MS 261 C-Q have several operator-friendly components, including a side-access chain tensioner, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers, and a translucent fuel tank. Captive bar nuts are retained in the sprocket cover to prevent their loss and are designed for self-guided mounting. Pre-separation air filtration provides greater air cleaning efficiency and longer run times between filter maintenance.
The MS 261 C-Q also includes STIHL Quickstop Plus, an additional chain braking system designed to stop the chain in less than one second of releasing the rear handle.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 867 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers219 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views