Stock market highs and lows
The ever-changing status of aggregate stocks caught the attention of the Triangle Business Journal earlier this month. “They’ve been bouncing all over the place, and, since Thanksgiving, zinging almost back into pre-recession territory,” reports Chris Bagley. “But they’ve edged back in the last couple of weeks, particularly those of the industry’s largest player, Vulcan Materials Co.”
He asks, “What gives?” noting that it’s an important question because aggregate companies are directly affected by decisions that governments in all 50 states make, and the share prices seem to indicate investor confidence that departments of transportation can contract and pay for roads on a steady basis.
Do you agree with investors? Can states succeed where the federal government continues to fall short?
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year435 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding166 Views
- Topcon debuts the Falcon 8, a rotary wing drone for mass data collection117 Views