Stock market highs and lows
The ever-changing status of aggregate stocks caught the attention of the Triangle Business Journal earlier this month. “They’ve been bouncing all over the place, and, since Thanksgiving, zinging almost back into pre-recession territory,” reports Chris Bagley. “But they’ve edged back in the last couple of weeks, particularly those of the industry’s largest player, Vulcan Materials Co.”
He asks, “What gives?” noting that it’s an important question because aggregate companies are directly affected by decisions that governments in all 50 states make, and the share prices seem to indicate investor confidence that departments of transportation can contract and pay for roads on a steady basis.
Do you agree with investors? Can states succeed where the federal government continues to fall short?
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned555 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies509 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting465 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India290 Views