Stock market highs and lows
The ever-changing status of aggregate stocks caught the attention of the Triangle Business Journal earlier this month. “They’ve been bouncing all over the place, and, since Thanksgiving, zinging almost back into pre-recession territory,” reports Chris Bagley. “But they’ve edged back in the last couple of weeks, particularly those of the industry’s largest player, Vulcan Materials Co.”
He asks, “What gives?” noting that it’s an important question because aggregate companies are directly affected by decisions that governments in all 50 states make, and the share prices seem to indicate investor confidence that departments of transportation can contract and pay for roads on a steady basis.
Do you agree with investors? Can states succeed where the federal government continues to fall short?
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks361 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views