Stock market highs and lows
The ever-changing status of aggregate stocks caught the attention of the Triangle Business Journal earlier this month. “They’ve been bouncing all over the place, and, since Thanksgiving, zinging almost back into pre-recession territory,” reports Chris Bagley. “But they’ve edged back in the last couple of weeks, particularly those of the industry’s largest player, Vulcan Materials Co.”
He asks, “What gives?” noting that it’s an important question because aggregate companies are directly affected by decisions that governments in all 50 states make, and the share prices seem to indicate investor confidence that departments of transportation can contract and pay for roads on a steady basis.
Do you agree with investors? Can states succeed where the federal government continues to fall short?
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars320 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)285 Views
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)274 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees269 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views