Stock market highs and lows
The ever-changing status of aggregate stocks caught the attention of the Triangle Business Journal earlier this month. “They’ve been bouncing all over the place, and, since Thanksgiving, zinging almost back into pre-recession territory,” reports Chris Bagley. “But they’ve edged back in the last couple of weeks, particularly those of the industry’s largest player, Vulcan Materials Co.”
He asks, “What gives?” noting that it’s an important question because aggregate companies are directly affected by decisions that governments in all 50 states make, and the share prices seem to indicate investor confidence that departments of transportation can contract and pay for roads on a steady basis.
Do you agree with investors? Can states succeed where the federal government continues to fall short?
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...534 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views