Striking Cat machinists organize ‘Solidarity and Community Support Rally’ for Friday
Striking machinists at the Caterpillar Inc. plant in Joliet, Ill., a southwestern suburb of Chicago, are planning a “Solidarity and Community Support Rally” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT on Friday, according to an online report by WLS 890-AM, a Chicago radio station.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 851, who is organizing the rally, is telling attendees to “Wear red to show your solidarity.”
The rally will be staged in front of the plant at 2200 Route 6, but because of restricted parking, attendees are being asked to park at one of two designated lots and wait to be bused to the site, Parking is available at the Martin Whalen Building, 23157 Thomas Dillon Drive, Channahon, Ill., and at the Operating Engineers Local 150 Hall, 1050 Northeast Frontage Road, Joliet, Ill.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1650 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world263 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention193 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village145 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views