Striking Cat machinists organize ‘Solidarity and Community Support Rally’ for Friday
Striking machinists at the Caterpillar Inc. plant in Joliet, Ill., a southwestern suburb of Chicago, are planning a “Solidarity and Community Support Rally” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT on Friday, according to an online report by WLS 890-AM, a Chicago radio station.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 851, who is organizing the rally, is telling attendees to “Wear red to show your solidarity.”
The rally will be staged in front of the plant at 2200 Route 6, but because of restricted parking, attendees are being asked to park at one of two designated lots and wait to be bused to the site, Parking is available at the Martin Whalen Building, 23157 Thomas Dillon Drive, Channahon, Ill., and at the Operating Engineers Local 150 Hall, 1050 Northeast Frontage Road, Joliet, Ill.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views