Striking Cat machinists organize ‘Solidarity and Community Support Rally’ for Friday
Striking machinists at the Caterpillar Inc. plant in Joliet, Ill., a southwestern suburb of Chicago, are planning a “Solidarity and Community Support Rally” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT on Friday, according to an online report by WLS 890-AM, a Chicago radio station.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 851, who is organizing the rally, is telling attendees to “Wear red to show your solidarity.”
The rally will be staged in front of the plant at 2200 Route 6, but because of restricted parking, attendees are being asked to park at one of two designated lots and wait to be bused to the site, Parking is available at the Martin Whalen Building, 23157 Thomas Dillon Drive, Channahon, Ill., and at the Operating Engineers Local 150 Hall, 1050 Northeast Frontage Road, Joliet, Ill.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine255 Views