Striking Cat machinists organize ‘Solidarity and Community Support Rally’ for Friday
Striking machinists at the Caterpillar Inc. plant in Joliet, Ill., a southwestern suburb of Chicago, are planning a “Solidarity and Community Support Rally” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT on Friday, according to an online report by WLS 890-AM, a Chicago radio station.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 851, who is organizing the rally, is telling attendees to “Wear red to show your solidarity.”
The rally will be staged in front of the plant at 2200 Route 6, but because of restricted parking, attendees are being asked to park at one of two designated lots and wait to be bused to the site, Parking is available at the Martin Whalen Building, 23157 Thomas Dillon Drive, Channahon, Ill., and at the Operating Engineers Local 150 Hall, 1050 Northeast Frontage Road, Joliet, Ill.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident451 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views