Striking Cat machinists organize ‘Solidarity and Community Support Rally’ for Friday
Striking machinists at the Caterpillar Inc. plant in Joliet, Ill., a southwestern suburb of Chicago, are planning a “Solidarity and Community Support Rally” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT on Friday, according to an online report by WLS 890-AM, a Chicago radio station.
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local Lodge 851, who is organizing the rally, is telling attendees to “Wear red to show your solidarity.”
The rally will be staged in front of the plant at 2200 Route 6, but because of restricted parking, attendees are being asked to park at one of two designated lots and wait to be bused to the site, Parking is available at the Martin Whalen Building, 23157 Thomas Dillon Drive, Channahon, Ill., and at the Operating Engineers Local 150 Hall, 1050 Northeast Frontage Road, Joliet, Ill.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1088 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation375 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement326 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training316 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta278 Views