Student chapter sponsorships extend SME membership to universities worldwide
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) new international student chapter sponsorship program gives university students worldwide the chance to become SME student chapter members.
Introduced during the society’s 2014 annual meeting, the program allows financially-challenged universities to participate by writing an essay stating why it is seeking sponsorship for a student chapter. A willing sponsor will underwrite the membership fees for 10 students — the minimum requirement to form a student chapter — for universities selected for the program.
Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, Iran has already received sponsorship. Additionally, a member has volunteered to sponsor the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, which is awaiting SME Board of Directors approval.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1633 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award352 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world223 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention187 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village140 Views