Student chapter sponsorships extend SME membership to universities worldwide
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) new international student chapter sponsorship program gives university students worldwide the chance to become SME student chapter members.
Introduced during the society’s 2014 annual meeting, the program allows financially-challenged universities to participate by writing an essay stating why it is seeking sponsorship for a student chapter. A willing sponsor will underwrite the membership fees for 10 students — the minimum requirement to form a student chapter — for universities selected for the program.
Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, Iran has already received sponsorship. Additionally, a member has volunteered to sponsor the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, which is awaiting SME Board of Directors approval.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines377 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks341 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)293 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee218 Views