Student chapter sponsorships extend SME membership to universities worldwide
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) new international student chapter sponsorship program gives university students worldwide the chance to become SME student chapter members.
Introduced during the society’s 2014 annual meeting, the program allows financially-challenged universities to participate by writing an essay stating why it is seeking sponsorship for a student chapter. A willing sponsor will underwrite the membership fees for 10 students — the minimum requirement to form a student chapter — for universities selected for the program.
Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, Iran has already received sponsorship. Additionally, a member has volunteered to sponsor the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, which is awaiting SME Board of Directors approval.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs709 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries277 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity219 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding205 Views