Student chapter sponsorships extend SME membership to universities worldwide
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) new international student chapter sponsorship program gives university students worldwide the chance to become SME student chapter members.
Introduced during the society’s 2014 annual meeting, the program allows financially-challenged universities to participate by writing an essay stating why it is seeking sponsorship for a student chapter. A willing sponsor will underwrite the membership fees for 10 students — the minimum requirement to form a student chapter — for universities selected for the program.
Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, Iran has already received sponsorship. Additionally, a member has volunteered to sponsor the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, which is awaiting SME Board of Directors approval.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities425 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company400 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register371 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule358 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry279 Views