Student chapter sponsorships extend SME membership to universities worldwide
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) new international student chapter sponsorship program gives university students worldwide the chance to become SME student chapter members.
Introduced during the society’s 2014 annual meeting, the program allows financially-challenged universities to participate by writing an essay stating why it is seeking sponsorship for a student chapter. A willing sponsor will underwrite the membership fees for 10 students — the minimum requirement to form a student chapter — for universities selected for the program.
Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, Iran has already received sponsorship. Additionally, a member has volunteered to sponsor the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria, which is awaiting SME Board of Directors approval.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program618 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views