Students advance to Construction Challenge championships, slated for ConExpo-Con/Agg
Richmond Regional Rally
- Maggie Walker Governor’s School, Richmond, Va. — first place
- Massanutten Regional Governor’s School, Mt. Jackson, Va. — second place
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) designed the Construction Challenge specifically to engage teens in an educational setting and spark interest in careers in the construction industry. The Challenge offers a chance for students, teachers, parents, and community leaders to learn more about the scope and contributions of the construction industry and the need for skilled professionals to solve infrastructure problems such as crumbling bridges, overcrowded roadways, and aging water and wastewater systems.
The Construction Challenge presented by Volvo Construction Equipment is a joint effort by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and Destination ImagiNation (DI). Since its inception, the AEM Construction Challenge has directly engaged more than 10,000 middle and high school students across North America, and the program and its messages have made an impression on more than 18 million students globally. Nearly 70 percent of Challenge participants said they are now considering a construction career. AEM’s support for the construction equipment industry is also demonstrated in the association’s “I Make America” campaign that highlights the importance of infrastructure investment for the country’s long-term prosperity.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting939 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem924 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve433 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Bobcat breaks ground on $20 million Bismarck expansion112 Views