Summit Materials acquires Westroc, purchases assets from Lafarge
Summit acquired more than 100 million tons of mineral reserves through the transactions.
Summit Materials purchased two aggregates operations, three ready-mix concrete plants and one asphalt plant. The assets are based in Wichita, Kansas, and the broader southeast Kansas area.
Westroc is an aggregates and ready-mix concrete company based in Pleasant Grove, Utah, that operates two aggregates sites and seven ready-mix concrete plants along the Wasatch Front.
For more information, visit summit-materials.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability537 Views
- The Internet may take over abandoned mines494 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park347 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D291 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway266 Views