Supply Lines: Workhorses of the quarry
Doosan Infracore’s new DL420 articulated wheel loader features a bucket capacity of 5.2 cubic yards. The 49,163-pound machine features a 659-cubic inch, six-cylinder turbocharged Cummins engine with 280 horsepower at 2,000 revolutions per minute and maximum torque of 1,070 pound-feet at 1,400 revolutions per minute. A Z-bar lifting system provides 47,210 pounds of bucket breakout force.
Customer input and electronic innovations drove upgrades and improvements.
A Customer Advocacy Group directly influenced key features on John Deere’s K-Series wheel loaders. The series includes eight models ranging from utility size to the largest 842K and 844K models. All models include keyless start, seat-mounted joystick controls, expanded sealed switch module, and LCD monitor with multi-function interface.
Top 10 Used Wheel Loader Sales from 2005-2010 (5 cubic yards and larger)
1. Caterpillar 980-G
2. Caterpillar 966-G
3. Komatsu WA-380
4. Caterpillar 980-C
5. Komatsu WA-500
6. Caterpillar 966-C
7. Komatsu WA-450
8. Caterpillar 988-B
9. Caterpillar 966-F
10. Caterpillar 980-H
Source: EDA. EDA maintains the nation’s largest database and tracks financial transactions involving construction equipment through UCC filings. A Randall-Reilly company, EDA is based in Charlotte, N.C. Call 800-288-8262 for more information.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry259 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views