Syar proposes Napa Valley quarry expansion
California-based Syar Industries has proposed an expansion of its Napa quarry operations that would extend quarrying to the easternmost portions of its site, according to the Napa Valley Register.
The plans would require Skyline Park Citizens’ Association to redesign the park’s Skyline Trail because portions of the trail are located on Syar’s property. The land on which the trail is located was originally leased to Syar by the state, but Syar purchased part of it in 1998.
The expansion proposal is undergoing environmental review. A draft environmental impact report is expected to be released next month.
Syar, which mines blue basalt, rhyolite and tuff, has not released any further information. John Perry, a representative for Syar, said the company wants to wait until the draft environmental impact report is released before discussing detailed expansion plans.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers272 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views