Syar proposes Napa Valley quarry expansion
California-based Syar Industries has proposed an expansion of its Napa quarry operations that would extend quarrying to the easternmost portions of its site, according to the Napa Valley Register.
The plans would require Skyline Park Citizens’ Association to redesign the park’s Skyline Trail because portions of the trail are located on Syar’s property. The land on which the trail is located was originally leased to Syar by the state, but Syar purchased part of it in 1998.
The expansion proposal is undergoing environmental review. A draft environmental impact report is expected to be released next month.
Syar, which mines blue basalt, rhyolite and tuff, has not released any further information. John Perry, a representative for Syar, said the company wants to wait until the draft environmental impact report is released before discussing detailed expansion plans.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!218 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion208 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing189 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution179 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views