L is for Lava From Mt. Vesuvius to Hawaii, molten rock continues to leave its mark. By Bill Langer Lava (origin): lave, Italian, ‘a streame or gutter suddainly caused by raine’ (John Florio, 1611, A Dictionary Italian & English). It is ironic that when ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs359 Views