V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga389 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029327 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013200 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board168 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill151 Views