Tags: ALJ McCarthy
A case before the Commission may hold the agency’s feet to the fire. The Congressional directive that the civil penalty provisions of the Mine Act be enforced promptly and efficiently has been the focus of recent litigation before the Federal Mine ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
A few new developments suggest that Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) civil penalties — which increased enormously starting in 2007 when MSHA’s final rule eliminated the “single penalty” fine for non significant and substantial (S&S) citations and implemented new ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations245 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers223 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show212 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs160 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg152 Views