Tags: ALJ McCarthy
A case before the Commission may hold the agency’s feet to the fire. The Congressional directive that the civil penalty provisions of the Mine Act be enforced promptly and efficiently has been the focus of recent litigation before the Federal Mine ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
A few new developments suggest that Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) civil penalties — which increased enormously starting in 2007 when MSHA’s final rule eliminated the “single penalty” fine for non significant and substantial (S&S) citations and implemented new ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1075 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry660 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets249 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address227 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike224 Views