Tags: ALJ McCarthy
A case before the Commission may hold the agency’s feet to the fire. The Congressional directive that the civil penalty provisions of the Mine Act be enforced promptly and efficiently has been the focus of recent litigation before the Federal Mine ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
A few new developments suggest that Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) civil penalties — which increased enormously starting in 2007 when MSHA’s final rule eliminated the “single penalty” fine for non significant and substantial (S&S) citations and implemented new ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill923 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability633 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]559 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure556 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches441 Views