Tags: ALJ McCarthy
A case before the Commission may hold the agency’s feet to the fire. The Congressional directive that the civil penalty provisions of the Mine Act be enforced promptly and efficiently has been the focus of recent litigation before the Federal Mine ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
A few new developments suggest that Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) civil penalties — which increased enormously starting in 2007 when MSHA’s final rule eliminated the “single penalty” fine for non significant and substantial (S&S) citations and implemented new ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs761 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year401 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries323 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs215 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding166 Views