Tags: ALJ McCarthy
A case before the Commission may hold the agency’s feet to the fire. The Congressional directive that the civil penalty provisions of the Mine Act be enforced promptly and efficiently has been the focus of recent litigation before the Federal Mine ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
A few new developments suggest that Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) civil penalties — which increased enormously starting in 2007 when MSHA’s final rule eliminated the “single penalty” fine for non significant and substantial (S&S) citations and implemented new ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1286 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1048 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?696 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth468 Views