Tags: Baltic Brown
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
D is for diamond Real diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but synthetic ones opened up a whole new world for granite. By Bill Langer In last month’s Carved in Stone column, I wandered off on a tangent about our kitchen countertop that ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets554 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year313 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views