Tags: Baltic Brown
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
D is for diamond Real diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but synthetic ones opened up a whole new world for granite. By Bill Langer In last month’s Carved in Stone column, I wandered off on a tangent about our kitchen countertop that ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3101 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2237 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...480 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker301 Views