Building Better Berms
Train workers to use proper safety equipment and take proper preventive measures. Compiled by Therese Dunphy, Editor-in-Chief The accident: On June 30, 2000, a 33-year-old supervisor with two years of mining experience was fatally injured at a sand and gravel operation. He ...
Due to accidents and methane ignitions at highwall miner and auger operations, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is providing best practices to aid mine operators in developing sound ground control plans. BEST PRACTICES • Provide adequate spacing/webbing between holes to ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas426 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents308 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials258 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry229 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted215 Views