V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1906 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1154 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC670 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania496 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up445 Views