V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151073 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production731 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success541 Views