By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
Seeking the Philosopher's Stone From the father of soil mechanics to a fictional young wizard, many have sought mythical solutions to complex problems. Alchemists reasoned that the transmutation of cheap metals into gold could be affected by a dry powder made from ...
The California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA) has announced the winners of its 2010 Safety Awards program. The winners follow: Award Category – Aggregate Plant (Large), Randy Riberdy, plant manager, Vulcan Materials – Western Division, Sun Valley, Calif. Award Category – ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views