O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company444 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident360 Views
- Quarry being converted into $20 million reservoir in Indiana217 Views
- House Majority Leader on gas tax increase: 'Let's think of something else'210 Views