O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga386 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029326 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013196 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill151 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board136 Views