A gathering of geologists, planners, aggregate operators, and others sparks interesting dialogue on geology and mining. I recently attended the 48th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, hosted by the Arizona Geological Survey. This has always been one of my ...
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
The California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA) has announced the winners of its 2010 Safety Awards program. The winners follow: Award Category – Aggregate Plant (Large), Randy Riberdy, plant manager, Vulcan Materials – Western Division, Sun Valley, Calif. Award Category – ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting972 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve506 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime245 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry241 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem203 Views