A gathering of geologists, planners, aggregate operators, and others sparks interesting dialogue on geology and mining. I recently attended the 48th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, hosted by the Arizona Geological Survey. This has always been one of my ...
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
The California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA) has announced the winners of its 2010 Safety Awards program. The winners follow: Award Category – Aggregate Plant (Large), Randy Riberdy, plant manager, Vulcan Materials – Western Division, Sun Valley, Calif. Award Category – ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1295 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1046 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?694 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant532 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth473 Views