By Larry Goldbeck When times are tight, it’s more important than ever to minimize risk with ongoing maintenance and safety programs that help protect workers, reduce waste, and maximize efficiency. Few would argue with the assertion that a single serious conveyor accident ...
When it comes to making good impressions on neighbors, CalPortland focuses on the triple-threat: safety, noise, and dust. Safety is the top priority, says Bill Larson, vice president of marketing for Glendora, Calif.-based CalPortland Co. “To integrate with the community, it’s ...
Brant County requests silica impact study at Dufferin’s proposed sand and gravel site in Paris, Ontario
Brant County wants to see an impact study of potential silica at Dufferin Aggregates’ proposed sand and gravel pit near Paris, Ontario, the Brantford Expositor reports. The study would take place at a proposed 600-acre-plus area where Dufferin, a division of ...
Lower Your Plant Emissions
Last week, I interviewed Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joe Main and Administrator in the Metal and Nonmetal Mine Safety and Health Administration Neal Merrifield. The main topic of our conversation was guarding in aggregate operations ...
Engineer Out the Dust
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views