Elmhurst Quarry is protecting the village of Elmhurst, Illinois, from Mother Nature again. The quarry, built as a flood protection reservoir, served as a snow depository last week when about 10 inches of snow covered the ground in the city, the ...
Following an April 17 flood in Elmhurst, Illinois, the city’s Elmhurst Quarry began taking water to help control flood waters at 6:30 p.m. the day flooding began, Elmhurst Patch reported. The 8,300 acre-foot Elmhurst Quarry Flood Control Facility uses the old ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers292 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 280 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views