No good deed goes unpunished as environmental settlements trigger IRS scrutiny. by George Schutzer and Ora Sheinsen Federal and state agencies often threaten companies with lawsuits or penalties for alleged violations of environmental laws and regulations. Companies frequently settle with the agencies ...
by Kerry Clines, Senior Editor U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Lisa Jackson signed a final rule on April 21 to reinstate the 500-pound threshold for certain industrial facilities that report under the EPA’s Toxic Release Inventory (TRI). According to a ...
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has extended the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure(SPCC) Rule compliance dates for all facilities to Nov. 10, 2010. This extends the dates by which the owner or operator of an SPCC-regulated facility must prepare or amend ...
Green Products, Green Processing
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety375 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013169 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill133 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029118 Views