Through two recent cases, the Review Commission is expanding what can be considered an S&S violation. By Christopher G. Peterson Many operators may not be aware of this, but we have been in a state of flux regarding significant and substantial (S&S) ...
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1130 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1034 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program502 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana190 Views