An Ohio teenager died one week after graduating high school when he fell into a quarry in West Columbus. The Columbus Dispatch reported that 17-year-old Colin Jourdan died June 1 after he slipped and fell about 90 feet into the quarry ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) Fatality Review Committee has determined that two metal/non-metal fatalities from 2014 and one from 2010 should be charged to the mining industry. The three incidents include the following: On Nov. 17, 2014, Robert Arnold ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reported Tuesday that one fatal and four serious accidents have occurred in October at metal and nonmetal mines. The accidents were: A fatal accident involving an electrician who died after he fell 8 feet from ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections472 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?306 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations279 Views