T is for Taconite New research may yield commercial viability for this lower quality ore. By Bill Langer tak-uh-nahyt (noun) – A type of chert used as iron ore in parts of North America. “In the Mesabi district the local name ‘taconite’ is ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting943 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem916 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve460 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime229 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views