Tags: federal funding
If Congress and the President do not act later this year or in early 2011 on passage of a new, multi-year highway and transit authorization bill, hundreds of thousands of U.S. jobs could be lost and states could face at a ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood today announced that $48.8 billion in highway funds is now available to state departments of transportation for federal projects through the Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) Act. “With spring and summer highway construction seasons just ...
Senate Environment and Public Works Chairwoman Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) says she plans to include a provision similar to the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program in the bill her panel is drafting, according to a report in Environment and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety377 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029227 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013178 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill137 Views