Tags: federal gas tax
Can a new transportation bill hit the House floor by August? Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Pa.) seems to think so. Shuster, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, said during a committee hearing on Tuesday that he wants the new transportation ...
The 1970s marked the first time Americans rushed in a panic to buy fuel-efficient foreign import automobiles. Long lines at gas stations caused by the 1973 Arab oil embargo ignited a switch from eight-cylinder gas-guzzlers to smaller, less-thirsty vehicles. ...
U.S. Rep. John L. Mica (R-FL), the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Republican leader, at a July 27 Congressional oversight hearing, declared dead a federal gas tax increase to fund a long-term transportation bill. Although some leading Democrats support a gas ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers391 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg299 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views