Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (Mine Act)
The Unintended Impact of Imminent Danger In today’s enforcement-first environment, no company is immune from imminent danger orders. By Jason P. Webb A little-noticed provision of recently enacted legislation is causing headaches for mine operators without providing meaningful benefit to the public. On ...
An audit by the Department of Labor’s Office of the Inspector General reveals that 56 percent of ‘experienced’ journeymen MSHA inspectors aren’t trained properly. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has received ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky216 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views