Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration says that from April through August, the agency conducted "impact inspections" at 111 coal and metal/nonmetal mines throughout the country designated by the agency as having safety or health issues. During that ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has formed a supplemental investigation group to augment the efforts of the agency's accident investigation team to determine the cause of the explosion that occurred April 5 at Massey ...
An uphill battle for an underground issue After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry prepares for increased scrutiny despite its own increased safety record. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor Following the latest coal mine tragedy in West Virginia ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park139 Views