Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration says that from April through August, the agency conducted "impact inspections" at 111 coal and metal/nonmetal mines throughout the country designated by the agency as having safety or health issues. During that ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has formed a supplemental investigation group to augment the efforts of the agency's accident investigation team to determine the cause of the explosion that occurred April 5 at Massey ...
An uphill battle for an underground issue After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry prepares for increased scrutiny despite its own increased safety record. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor Following the latest coal mine tragedy in West Virginia ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February374 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car184 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole134 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views