Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration says that from April through August, the agency conducted "impact inspections" at 111 coal and metal/nonmetal mines throughout the country designated by the agency as having safety or health issues. During that ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has formed a supplemental investigation group to augment the efforts of the agency's accident investigation team to determine the cause of the explosion that occurred April 5 at Massey ...
An uphill battle for an underground issue After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry prepares for increased scrutiny despite its own increased safety record. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor Following the latest coal mine tragedy in West Virginia ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151630 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151040 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1012 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production694 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone411 Views