Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration says that from April through August, the agency conducted "impact inspections" at 111 coal and metal/nonmetal mines throughout the country designated by the agency as having safety or health issues. During that ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has formed a supplemental investigation group to augment the efforts of the agency's accident investigation team to determine the cause of the explosion that occurred April 5 at Massey ...
An uphill battle for an underground issue After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry prepares for increased scrutiny despite its own increased safety record. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor Following the latest coal mine tragedy in West Virginia ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas424 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents307 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials257 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry229 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted215 Views