Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC)
Recent orders denying motions for settlement signal a need for change in the settlement process. by Adam J. Schwendeman In August of 2012, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) issued its decision in Black Beauty Coal, 34 FMSHRC 1733 ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
No Notice Required MSHA’s disregard for rulemaking authority makes its way to the Review Commission. By Patrick W. Dennison The Mine Act’s requirement for notice and comment rulemaking provides a check on the power of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) to ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2345 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...548 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry348 Views
- How to become a more productive worker318 Views
- Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center146 Views