Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC)
Recent orders denying motions for settlement signal a need for change in the settlement process. by Adam J. Schwendeman In August of 2012, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) issued its decision in Black Beauty Coal, 34 FMSHRC 1733 ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
No Notice Required MSHA’s disregard for rulemaking authority makes its way to the Review Commission. By Patrick W. Dennison The Mine Act’s requirement for notice and comment rulemaking provides a check on the power of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) to ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1042 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration337 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry303 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views