Tags: Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC)
Recent orders denying motions for settlement signal a need for change in the settlement process. by Adam J. Schwendeman In August of 2012, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) issued its decision in Black Beauty Coal, 34 FMSHRC 1733 ...
MSHA’s expansive use of Section 103(k) orders is a derogation of the purpose and intent of an enforcement tool In the last year, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration has shut down several mines and imposed significant operating costs on ...
No Notice Required MSHA’s disregard for rulemaking authority makes its way to the Review Commission. By Patrick W. Dennison The Mine Act’s requirement for notice and comment rulemaking provides a check on the power of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) to ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151514 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections965 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 2015881 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production654 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone395 Views