Tags: Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission (FMSHRC)
MSHA’s first enforcement measures for POV leave more unanswered question. by R. Henry Moore and Jessica M. Juraksko, Contributing Editors The “far-reaching implications” predicted by the National Mining Association (NMA) when the final Pattern of Violations (POV) Rule was announced in January ...
In the current Administration, both the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) have fixated on the issue of determining whether employers are underreporting injuries and occupational illnesses. This has lead to certain ...
by Adele L. Abrams, Esq., CMSP On June 10, 2011, the U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, overruled the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) in the case of Performance Coal Co., holding that the company was entitled to seek ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety375 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013171 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill133 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029118 Views