Tags: Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission
In a precedential decision, the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) has reversed an Administrative Law Judge’s ruling and, in doing so, expands the scope of what can be deemed a “flagrant violation”--a category which now carries a ...
The run of bad cases that has resulted in expanding the universe of individuals who can be civilly fined (and criminally prosecuted) as “agents of management” has continued, in a unanimous decision of the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review ...
by Adele L. Abrams, president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. One of the more frustrating legal issues confronting those in the mining industry has been the application of the Mine Act’s “strict liability” framework to situations involving ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility1029 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections494 Views
- Aggregate Industries worker discovers dead body in quarry315 Views
- Land trust group buys 105-acre quarry from Washington Aggregate company252 Views
- EPA's WOTUS rule has been put on hold across America242 Views