Tags: Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission
In a precedential decision, the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) has reversed an Administrative Law Judge’s ruling and, in doing so, expands the scope of what can be deemed a “flagrant violation”--a category which now carries a ...
The run of bad cases that has resulted in expanding the universe of individuals who can be civilly fined (and criminally prosecuted) as “agents of management” has continued, in a unanimous decision of the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review ...
by Adele L. Abrams, president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. One of the more frustrating legal issues confronting those in the mining industry has been the application of the Mine Act’s “strict liability” framework to situations involving ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views