You never know what you're going to find when you start digging! That was certainly true for Wayne McEwen, who owns a sand and gravel pit in Ellis County, Texas. It was just a normal day of excavating when McEwen's ...
A participant in an archaeological dig has discovered a rare fossil at Thrislington Quarry in Durham County, England, according to a report from The Northern Echo. Ken Bradshaw, the man who found the artifact, was part of a group of 30 ...
A 14-year-old in Alabama has discovered one of several fossils in a Greene County quarry, according to a report from the Tuscaloosa News. The middle school student, Noah Taylor, found the fossil while participating in the 35th annual Museum Expedition Camp, ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views