Tags: geologic jargon
C is for Cactolith Geologic jargon — though handy for triple-word scores — should be used in moderation. By Bill Langer Cactolith (noun) — a quasihorizontal chonolith composed of anastomosing ductoliths whose distal ends curl like a harpolith, thin like a sphenolith, or ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry479 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry339 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution219 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes213 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors197 Views