Most crushed stone and sand is produced for use in concrete and asphalt, and there is general agreement that a cubical stone is ideal for use in these products. “The more elongated and flaky the material is, the more water, ...
With so many entertainment options for children (video games, cartoons, ect.), it's no wonder why aggregates wouldn't be considered a very fun subject. But for at least one day a year, aggregates end up being the highlight of day for ...
Going Underground - Roof Control
A gathering of geologists, planners, aggregate operators, and others sparks interesting dialogue on geology and mining. I recently attended the 48th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, hosted by the Arizona Geological Survey. This has always been one of my ...
Consider the impact of the physical and chemical properties of the parts when evaluating the whole. By Bill Langer After I retired from the U.S. Geological Survey last November, my wife, Pam, and I moved to Phoenix, Ariz. We currently live with ...
by Bill “Bilbo” Langer "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it ...
Getting Better Geologic Intelligence
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person997 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger395 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration284 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger242 Views