With so many entertainment options for children (video games, cartoons, ect.), it's no wonder why aggregates wouldn't be considered a very fun subject. But for at least one day a year, aggregates end up being the highlight of day for ...
Going Underground - Roof Control
A gathering of geologists, planners, aggregate operators, and others sparks interesting dialogue on geology and mining. I recently attended the 48th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals, hosted by the Arizona Geological Survey. This has always been one of my ...
Consider the impact of the physical and chemical properties of the parts when evaluating the whole. By Bill Langer After I retired from the U.S. Geological Survey last November, my wife, Pam, and I moved to Phoenix, Ariz. We currently live with ...
by Bill “Bilbo” Langer "In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it ...
Getting Better Geologic Intelligence
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill898 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]657 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability633 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure567 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches400 Views