From towns built around the limestone and aggregate industries to the Santa Monica Pier’s concrete pilings, the journey comes to a close. When we leave Barstow, Calif., for the final leg of our virtual trip along historic Route 66, we head ...
Production of aggregates had a huge increase in production during the second quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of the year. According to a quarterly U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), domestic production of construction materials (cement, construction sand and gravel, crushed ...
By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1050 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April539 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts391 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry336 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration328 Views