From towns built around the limestone and aggregate industries to the Santa Monica Pier’s concrete pilings, the journey comes to a close. When we leave Barstow, Calif., for the final leg of our virtual trip along historic Route 66, we head ...
Production of aggregates had a huge increase in production during the second quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of the year. According to a quarterly U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), domestic production of construction materials (cement, construction sand and gravel, crushed ...
By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries290 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views