From towns built around the limestone and aggregate industries to the Santa Monica Pier’s concrete pilings, the journey comes to a close. When we leave Barstow, Calif., for the final leg of our virtual trip along historic Route 66, we head ...
Production of aggregates had a huge increase in production during the second quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of the year. According to a quarterly U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), domestic production of construction materials (cement, construction sand and gravel, crushed ...
By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs359 Views