From towns built around the limestone and aggregate industries to the Santa Monica Pier’s concrete pilings, the journey comes to a close. When we leave Barstow, Calif., for the final leg of our virtual trip along historic Route 66, we head ...
Production of aggregates had a huge increase in production during the second quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of the year. According to a quarterly U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), domestic production of construction materials (cement, construction sand and gravel, crushed ...
By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program618 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views