From towns built around the limestone and aggregate industries to the Santa Monica Pier’s concrete pilings, the journey comes to a close. When we leave Barstow, Calif., for the final leg of our virtual trip along historic Route 66, we head ...
Production of aggregates had a huge increase in production during the second quarter of 2014 compared to the first quarter of the year. According to a quarterly U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), domestic production of construction materials (cement, construction sand and gravel, crushed ...
By Bill Langer Along the Sandia Mountains outside Albuquerque, be sure to watch for the light from a miner’s cabin. We leave Adrian, Texas, in our rear view mirror as we continue our westward trek along old Route 66/Interstate 40. Soon we ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry320 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views